ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 15 AUGUST 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 17 AUGUST 2021.
Cloudy, cold and windy conditions were experienced in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland East and Mashonaland Central Provinces. Light drizzle was reported in places including Nyanga (3mm), Rusape (3mm), Wedza (3mm) and Chisumbanje (1mm). Other Provinces had mostly clear skies. Mild during the day; cold at night and in the morning. Meanwhile, the high-pressure system over the southeast coast of South Africa is weakening.
FORECAST: FORECAST FOR TOMORROW’S MONDAY 16 AUGUST 2021
Brief cloudy conditions are expected in the morning over Manicaland, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland East and Mashonaland Central Provinces; cold in the morning, mild by day. The rest of the country should be mostly clear, cold in the morning, becoming mild in the afternoon. Slight ground frost is probable in frost-prone areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Rusape, Wedza, Marondera, Chivhu, Henderson, Gweru, Kwekwe and Masvingo.
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry
• Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks. NB: Prepare for a cold weekend ahead.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according. Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and warm||11||27|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and mild||17||29|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Cloudy and cool||07||23|
|NYANGA:||Cloudy and cool||05||14|
|VUMBA:||Cloudy and cool||09||15|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy and cool||07||24|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Cloudy and cool||09||19|
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 17 AUGUST 2021
Mostly clear skies and cold morning conditions are anticipated to prevail in most parts of the country with slight to moderate ground frost expected over West Nicholson, Matopos, Lupane, Wedza, Chivhu, Marondera, Gweru, Henderson, Mukandi and Nyanga. It should be mostly sunny and mild by afternoon.