ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 03 AUGUST 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 05 AUGUST 2021.
Scattered clouds and windy conditions were experienced in the southern districts (Beitbridge, Chiredzi, Mwenezi, Zaka, Chimanimani and Chipinge) this morning. However, slight ground frost occurred at Matopos, Masvingo, Gweru, Harare and Nyanga.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 04 AUGUST 2021.
Mostly clear skies are expected countrywide. It should be cold in the morning with a ground frost in frost-prone areas (Matopos, West Nicholson, Kezi, Gweru, Masvingo, Harare, Wedza and Nyanga), becoming mild in the afternoon and cold at night.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt falls in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according.
- Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST THURSDAY 05 AUGUST 2021
It should be sunny and mild by day, though cold in the morning in all areas.
Ground frost is expected in susceptible areas (Matopos, West Nicholson, Kezi, Gweru, Masvingo, Harare, Wedza and Nyanga), becoming mild during the day.