ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 02 AUGUST 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 04 AUGUST 2021.
Clear skies and calm winds dominated much of the country yesterday. This resulted in slight ground frost occurring at Matopos, West Nicholson, Gweru, Masvingo, Harare, Wedza and Nyanga this morning. Meanwhile, a high-pressure system off the southeast coast of South Africa should steer a relatively moist south-easterly airflow to the southern areas of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 03 AUGUST 2021:
Briefly cloudy, windy and cold conditions are expected in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland with a chance of light drizzle around Beitbridge into Chipinge. It will become sunny and mild by the afternoon. Clear skies should dominate the rest of the country (Matabeleland North, northern parts of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces). It will be cold in the morning with ground frost expected in susceptible places (Harare, Marondera, Mukandi and Nyanga), becoming mild in the afternoon.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
• Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according. Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
• If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES:
|Min tomorrow ||06 ||10||06||08||08||09||06||09||08||09||07||0|
|Max tomorrow ||24||23||22||22||25||27||23||27||27||25||23||24|
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS:
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and mild||11||29|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and mild||15||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy and mild||06||23|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and mild||06||18|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy and mild||08||20|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and mild||06||23|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy and mild||10||21|
OUTLOOK: WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY 04 AUGUST 2021:
Mostly clear skies are expected countrywide. It should be cold in the morning with a ground frost in frost-prone areas (Matopos, West Nicholson, Kezi, Gweru, Masvingo, Harare, Wedza and Nyanga), becoming mild during the day and cold at night.
More: Pindula News