ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SUNDAY 25 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 27 JULY 2021.
It was mostly cloudy this morning in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, southern areas of Midlands (Zvishavane to Gweru), Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces with light morning drizzle at Makoholi, Masvingo, Zaka and Chipinge. The remaining parts of the country were mostly under clear skies and cold with slight ground frost reported at Harare and Mutoko.
The high-pressure system over the South African coast is still steering in cold moist air into the country.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW MONDAY 26 JULY 2021.
Cloudy, cold and windy conditions with chances of light morning drizzle to persist in Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of Midlands (Zvishavane to Gweru), Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces becoming partly cloudy by afternoon.
The rest of the country is expected to be cold and mostly sunny with chances of early morning ground frost.
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt falls in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according.
- Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 27 JULY 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected to dominate the country. Early morning ground frost is highly probable in frost-prone areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Marondera, Wedza, Harare, Henderson, Gweru, Masvingo, West Nicholson and Matopos becoming sunny and mild by afternoon.