ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 19 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 21 JULY 2021.
The day started off cold with almost clear skies throughout the country and ground frost occurred at Gweru, Masvingo, Lupane, West Nicholson, Mukandi, Nyanga and Marondera.
It became mostly cloudy with cool conditions by midday in most parts of Manicaland, Masvingo, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Mashonaland West, Mashonaland Central and Harare Metropolitan Provinces by midday. The remaining parts of the country were mostly sunny and cool.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 20 JULY 2021.
It is expected to be cold in the morning with a ground frost in frost-prone areas such as Matopos, Gweru, Chivhu, Masvingo, Zaka, Chivhu, Wedza, Rusape, Nyanga and Mukandi.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
It should be mostly sunny and cool countrywide by afternoon becoming cold again in the evening.
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning and towards evening have negative impacts on poultry.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt falls in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Monitor the temperature inside fowl-runs and adjust according.
- Always ensure the room is well ventilated.
- For frost mitigation measures that suit particular crops and areas, please seek advice from your local Agritex Officer.
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire; where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- If a brazier or open fire is used, ensure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST WEDNESDAY 21 JULY 2021
Clear skies with cold morning conditions are forecast throughout the country with chances of ground frost in frost-prone areas. It should be mild in the afternoon becoming cold towards the evening
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection