ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 09 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 11 JULY 2021.
This morning started off cold throughout the country, with ground frost in a number of areas including Bulawayo, Gweru, Harare, Henderson, Kezi, Masvingo, Marondera, Mhondoro, Mukandi, Rusape, Nyanga, Wedza, and West Nicholson. It became mild by afternoon with mostly sunny conditions prevailing.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 10 JULY 2021:
It should be windy and very cold over provinces such as Masvingo, Manicaland and Matabeleland South, while the rest of the country is cold. Prospects of ground frost are high in the morning along the central watershed and in the Eastern Highlands, especially in wind-sheltered places and open vleis. Mild afternoon conditions are expected with mostly clear skies across the country. Cold evening conditions are anticipated with a new moon making the night sky darker.
• New Moon makes it a good time for stargazing.
• Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry and some crops.
• Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
• If you are stargazing, ensure that you are adequately dressed.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
• Always consult local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
• Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||04||23|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||10||25|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||01||22|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||00||19|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||04||22|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||05||24|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and mild, though cold in the morning||03||23|
WEATHER FORECAST SUNDAY 11 JULY 2021
Expect warmer weather, though cold both morning and evening. Due to clear skies and calm winds, the probability of moderate ground frost, along the Highveld and the Eastern Highland places like Matopos, Gweru, Marondera and Nyanga, is high in the early morning hours.