The Zimbabwe Olympics Committee has announced the Zimbabwe Delegation to the Tokyo 2020 Olympics which is comprised of 5 athletes and over 10 delegates.
This follows the confirmation of the three universality slots from the relevant International Federations. Athletes are:
- Katai Donata Andra Sofia Swimming
- Makusha Ngoni Methukhela Athletics
- Purcell-Gilpin Peter Sean Richard Rowing
- Vincent Scott Nicholas Golf
- Wetzlar Peter Charles Swimming
COACHES AND TECHNICAL PERSONNEL
- Chivonivoni Mufaro Joy – Golf Coach/Team Leader
- Lisimati Phakhamile Edward – Athletics Coach
- Stephenson James Alexander – Rowing Coach
- Tudor-Cole Lindsy – Swimming Coach
- Vincent Kelsey Anne – Golf Caddy
OFFICIALS AND MEDICAL
- Ndlovu Fredreck Chef De Mission-Head of Delegation
- Mnikwa Abigail Physiotherapist & Covid Liaison Officer
- Pakati Memory General Team Management & Deputy Covid Liaison Officer
- Mlotshwa Gerald N -Chairman Sports and Recreation Commission
- Hon Mathias Tongofa -Chairman of the Parliamentary Portfolio Committee on Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation
- Kadzirange Tariro- PA to the Honourable Minister of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation
NATIONAL OLYMPIC COMMITTEE DELEGATION
- Thabani Gonye- President Zimbabwe National Olympic Committee
- Stephen Mudawarima — Secretary-General and CEO Zimbabwe Olympic Committee.
Previously, there was outrage after several government officials flew with the Gems to England for the Netball World Cup.
Commentators argued that it was not necessary and a waste of resources to have government officials who are not directly involved in the competitions on the ticket.
More: Pindula News