ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 07 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 09 JULY 2021.
This morning; it was cloudy, cold and windy in Masvingo, Manicaland, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and Mashonaland East Province with light drizzle in places such as Nyanga (5mm), Rusape (trace) and West Nicholson (trace). The rest of the country was dominated by cold and clear sky conditions.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Meanwhile, the high-pressure system over the southeast coast of South Africa which was responsible for these clouds is weakening.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 08 JULY 2021
Brief cloudy and cold morning conditions in Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East and Harare Metropolitan Provinces are expected.
The rest of the country is anticipated to be dominated by clear skies with cold early morning hours, becoming mild by the afternoon.
Ground frost is probable in areas like Gweru, Henderson, Matopos, Mukandi, Chivhu and Nyanga.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.