ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 05 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 07 JULY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
It was cloudy, windy and cold over parts of Masvingo Province, Matabeleland South Province and Manicaland Province today as cool moist south-easterly winds were driven in through the south-eastern parts of the country.
The rest of the country was warm by day and only became windy and cold this
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 06 JULY 2021
It should be mostly cloudy and cool over Masvingo, Manicaland, Mashonaland East, Harare Metropolitan, southern areas of the Midlands, Bulawayo Metropolitan and Matabeleland South Provinces.
Matabeleland North, northern areas of the Midlands, Mashonaland West and Mashonaland Central Provinces should be mostly sunny and warm by day, though cold both early morning and overnight.
- The transition to cool and cloudy conditions may affect the health of all persons, especially those of an ill disposition, the elderly, and young children.
- The deceptively sunny and warm afternoon conditions in some areas to the northwest of the country are a vast contrast to the cold overnight conditions projected. These overnight conditions may negatively impact poultry.
- No ground frost is expected on Tuesday morning.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- Wind and cold conditions may increase the occurrence of respiratory-related illnesses such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu.
- Consult your certified local health practitioner on redemptive and preventive measures.
- If you need to use a brazier or open fire to keep warm, make sure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Farmers are urged to seek advice from Agritex officers on ways to mitigate the effects of morning chills on livestock (especially poultry).
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 07 JULY 2021
Scattered clouds and mild daytime conditions are expected over Manicaland, Masvingo, Mashonaland East and Harare Metropolitan Provinces, while the rest of the country should be mostly sunny and warm.
However, both morning and night should be cold, as such slight ground frost is projected over Matopos, Lupane and Gweru
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection