ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON SATURDAY 04 JULY 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 06 JULY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Clear skies and cold to very cold morning conditions dominated much of the country. Moderate ground frost occurred over most of the country while severe ground frost occurred at Belvedere, Henderson, Marondera, Masvingo, Rusape, Gweru, Kwekwe and Chipinge.
FORECAST FOR MONDAY 05 JULY 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected over the country with cold morning conditions. It should be warm by the afternoon and cold again towards the evening.
Slight to moderate ground frost is probable in frost-prone areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Rusape, Wedza, Marondera, Chivhu, Henderson, Belvedere, Gweru, Kwekwe and Masvingo.
- Temperature fluctuations between daytime and night may affect the health of all persons, however, persons of an ill disposition, the elderly and young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Cold conditions overnight negatively impact vulnerable persons (e.g. the very young, elderly or ill), with abrupt fall in temperatures increasing the risk of respiratory illnesses such as coughs and colds as well as asthma attacks.
- Low temperatures, especially in the early hours of the morning have negative impacts on poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm by wearing appropriate winter attire, where possible stay indoors.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
- Always consult a local certified health practitioner for better advice on respiratory problems (e.g. dry coughs, colds and flu or asthma).
- Avoid brazier or open fire to keep warm, in an unventilated room to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Closely monitor the temperatures within fowl-runs and adjust accordingly.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- If one is dependent on solar, ensure the load is minimised when charging is not optimal.
WEATHER FORECAST TUESDAY 06 JULY 2021
Brief cloud conditions are anticipated in areas such as Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces as a result of moist south-easterly airflow into the country. The rest of the country should be under sunny and warm conditions by the afternoon.
Cold morning and evening conditions are expected. Slight ground frost is likely in areas such as Henderson, Marondera, Chivhu, Gweru and Belvedere.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection