The saga of a missing Chinhoyi baby has taken a new twist after three people who claim to know the whereabouts of the baby approached its mother after the story was aired on ZBC TV.
The baby that went missing last month in Chinhoyi’s Ruvimbo area was allegedly stolen around one am by unknown assailants when her mother had reportedly escorted a visitor.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
According to Assistant Commissioner Nyathi, upon returning home, the baby’s mother was told by her two minor siblings that an unidentified man had forcibly entered the house and made off with the baby.
- Mom Arrested After Reporting Her Baby Had Been Kidnapped
- Mob Assault Child Kidnapper Caught In The Act In Mutare
- Bodies Of Two Missing Students Found In Disused Toilet Pit
- Makore Family Still Waiting For Police Update On Tapiwa’s Head
- Zim Woman Drowns Newly-born Baby In Boiling Water In SA
- Mother Smashes 1-year-old Baby To Death In Chivi
- Most Of My Baby Mamas Just Want To Have Children With Me And Not Get Married – Temba Mliswa Speaks
- Watch: Woman Whose Baby Was ‘Fatally Struck’ By Police Baton Speaks
Reports suggest that the people who claim to know where the baby is, however, chickened out, probably afraid of being arrested. Said Ms Vicky Nyanhete, the mother of the missing baby:
Pakabuda nyaya iya pa TV pane vanhu vakauya pano vachiti handei munotora mwana wenyu kana mune Simba rekufamba nekuti arikure. Mwana wacho aiva namai ava akabva atanga kuti amai hatizosungwa here. Pedzezvo vakabva vazoti mwana wenyu ari mutoilet pa mashops asi haana kuwanikwa, _(After the kidnapping was aired on TV, some people came and told me to come get my baby who they said is far. A child who was with the woman then warned the mother that she would be arrested, then they later said the baby was in the toilet at nearby shops but we never found the baby)._
She said they have to date approached four witch doctors and 15 prophets in a bid to have the missing baby back.
Ms Nyanhete’s friend Ms Raidah Kashamba, said most of the consulted prophets and witch doctors say the baby was still alive but are not willing to help until they pay some money ranging from US$40 to US$70.
Police are still investigating the matter.