Nine robbers including notorious Musa Taj Abdul who were found guilty of unlawfully possessing a firearm and ammunition have been jailed for three (3) years each.
Musa Taj Abdul, Liberty Mupamhanga Prince Makodza, Godfrey Mupamhanga, Charles Lundu Rudolph Kanhanga, Innocent Jairos, Tapiwa Mangoma and Carrington Marasha were jailed when they appeared before magistrate Mrs Barbra Mateko.
They were initially jailed for four years before a year was set aside for five years on the condition that they do not commit a similar offence.
- Musa Taj Abdul Gang Convicted Of Illegally Possessing Firearm, Ammunition.
- ZRP Ropes In Interpol To Help Them Track 4 Armed Robbers Believed To Be Musa Taj Abdul’s Accomplices
- Prosecutor Suspended For Consenting To Granting Taj Abdul Bail
- PP In Musa Abdul’s Case Did Not Seek Approval For Bail Concessions – Report
- ZRP Arrests One Of Musa Abdul’s Fugitive Associates
- High Court Frees Notorious Armed Robbers On Bail
- Fugitive Prosecutor Surrenders Himself To Police
The gang is also facing armed robbery charges which are still pending.
They were arrested in December 2020 in Beitbridge after years of evading arrest.