The family of Ronald Mukumbira, a man who died following brutal assault – allegedly by MDC-T Vice President Elias Mudzuri – Wednesday morning left the body of the deceased at Mudzuri’s home.
The body was left on a verandah at Mudzuri’s home in the Four Miles area of Zaka at 6 AM this morning.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The 23-year-old died on June 10, three days after he was brutally assaulted at Mudzuri’s Duriro Pub & Grill in Harare’s Workington industrial area, allegedly over missing pool table balls, which Mukumbira was accused of stealing.
After he was treated and discharged from Sally Mugabe Hospital, Mukumbira allegedly told his mother, Netsai Mukumbira, that he had been attacked by the former Harare mayor, his brother Leonard Mudzuri and other unnamed men.
Speaking to ZimLive by phone, Netsai said:
_We took the body to the Mudzuri homestead this morning. There were people at the homestead, they watched through the curtains. We left the body by the verandah, and we wait and see what they do with it._
The Mukumbira family is angry that police have not arrested Mudzuri, and their mood was not lifted by a post-mortem report which did not link the assault to the death.
According to the victim’s mother, the pathologist wrote that “police to investigate.
The family fears that police are unable to arrest Mudzuri because of his and his party’s links to the ruling Zanu PF party, which is associated with impunity.
Police spokesman Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi told ZimLive that Mukumbira’s death is still under investigation.