Zimbabwe has recorded 20 coronavirus deaths in the past 96 hours ushering some citizens into panic mode although the rate is still lower than of other states.
The deaths were recorded as follows:
- 7 June – 5 deaths;
- 8 June – 6 deaths
- 9 June – 5 deaths;
- 10 June – 4 deaths;
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus Cases Soar: 9 June COVID-19 Update
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus /COVID-19 Update – 07 June 2021
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/Covid-19 Update – 23 March 2021
- World’s Most Mutated Covid-19 Variant Found Among Travellers From Tanzania – Report
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus /COVID-19 Update – 04 June 2021
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update – 10 Feb 2021
- Zimbabwe Coronavirus/COVID-19 Update – 25 Feb 2021
- Coronavirus Disaster Could Have Been Prevented – Report
In a statement issued by the Ministry of Health and Child Care on 10 June, 74 cases were hospitalised 20 of which were asymptomatic, 45 were in a mild and moderate state, 7 were severe while 2 were in the intensive care unit.
The cases could probably have been higher than the reported figure if Masvingo, Mashonaland West and Central, and Matebeleland South provinces had reported what transpired within the last 24 hours.
The recent spike in new coronavirus infections has given instilled fear into some who now believe the third wave is now upon the Southern African country.
As of 10 June 2021, Zimbabwe had recorded a total of 39496 coronavirus cases, 36940 recoveries, and 1626 deaths while 930 cases were still active.
More: Pindula News