German airline Lufthansa has announced three-times-a-week flights that will connect Victoria Falls to Europe starting in March 2022.
The flights – with a connecting stop in Windhoek, Namibia – will be undertaken by Lufthansa’s new leisure-based long-haul subsidiary, Eurowings Discover.
In a statement on Friday, the airline said:
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
_Eurowings Discover is excited to announce that with effect from March 30, 2022, our Sub-Sahara Africa network will grow offering three weekly flights from Frankfurt to Victoria Falls, thus further strengthening our commitment to the region and expanding our footprint in Africa._
- Air Zimbabwe Resumes Domestic Flights
- Air Zimbabwe Resumes Harare – Tanzania Flights
- Air Zimbabwe Targets Fleet And Route Expansion
- British Airways Resume Zimbabwe – South Africa Flights
- British Airways Resuming Harare-Johannesburg Flights
- Zimbabwe’s Tourism Sector Badly Hurt By Coronavirus As Airlines Suspend Flights
- RwandAir Resumes Flights To Harare
- Fastjet To Increase Vic-Falls, Joburg Flights
- Emirates Resumes Flights To Zimbabwe And Zambia, Plans To Increase Weekly Flights To 5
- TRAVEL UPDATE: Air Zimbabwe Resumes Domestic, Regional Flights
Eurowings will initially fly between Frankfurt and Victoria Falls every Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
Lufthansa was one of several airlines to pull out of Zimbabwe between 2000 and 2008 as the country’ economy went into decline and political instability forced tourists to cancel travel plans to the Southern African country.
Lufthansa’s return to Zimbabwe will see passengers’ profit from the entire Lufthansa Group network of 10 775 weekly frequencies to 270 destinations in 105 countries worldwide.