ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 10 JUNE 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 12 JUNE 2021.
There were brief cloudy periods in Chiredzi district today, while the rest of the country had mostly clear skies, with cold morning conditions. Slight ground frost occurred in areas such as Gweru, Harare, Henderson, Lupane, Marondera, Masvingo, Mukandi, Nyanga, Rusape and Wedza. Meanwhile, the atmosphere is slowly becoming less humid under the influence of a relatively dry south-easterly breeze.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 11 JUNE 2021:
It should be cold in the morning over most parts of the country with slight ground frost in areas such Chivhu, Gweru, Harare, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga. The afternoon is expected to be mild with mostly clear skies prevailing, except for brief cloudy interludes over areas such as Chiredzi and Beitbridge districts as well as parts of Mashonaland East and Central into Harare Metropolitan.
• The deceptively sunny and mild afternoon conditions are a vast contrast to the cold overnight conditions projected. These overnight conditions may negatively impact poultry and some crops.
• Cold conditions may affect the health of all persons; however, persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, and young children tend to be more vulnerable.
• Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay-fever, colds and flu tend to be common during winter.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Farmers are urged to seek advice from Agritex officers on ways to mitigate the effects of ground frost on livestock and crops (especially horticultural produce) during these cold periods.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm, especially overnight.
• If you need to use a brazier or open fire to keep warm, make sure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask-up, get vaccinated.
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 12 JUNE 2021
Moderate ground frost is anticipated in areas such Gweru, Henderson, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga, with cold morning conditions over much of the country. It should be sunny and mild by afternoon, becoming cold towards evening.