ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 09 JUNE 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 11 JUNE 2021.
Mostly cold morning conditions prevailed across the country, with ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Rusape, Wedza, Marondera, Harare, Henderson and Masvingo. It was sunny and mild by afternoon, with the atmosphere becoming less humid and the winds slowly dying down.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 10 JUNE 2021:
The morning is expected to be cold in most parts of the country and very cold over higher ground. Moderate ground frost should be anticipated in areas such Chivhu, Gweru, Harare, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga. However, by afternoon it should be sunny and mild becoming cold towards evening.
• Cold conditions may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
• Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay-fever, colds and flu tend to be common during winter.
• Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry and some crops.
ACTIONS TO BE TAKEN
• Keep warm, especially towards evening and early morning. where possible stay at home.
• Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
• If you need to use a brazier or open fire to keep warm, make sure the room is well ventilated to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
• For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
• Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
• COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask-up, get vaccinated.
TEMPERATURE FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||09||24|
|KARIBA:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||10||28|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||08||22|
|NYANGA:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||04||19|
|VUMBA:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||07||22|
|MATOPOS:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||06||21|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Clear skies, though cold in the morning||05||20|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 11 JUNE 2021
Sunny and mild day-time conditions are expected over much of the country. It should be cold in the morning and towards evening. Ground frost is a potential threat in frost prone areas such as Chivhu, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga.