Former first lady, Grace Ntombizodwa Mugabe nee Marufu has spoken on Chief Zvimba’s order that directed her to initiate the exhumation and reburial of the remains of the late former president Robert Mugabe.
Through her lawyers from Chimwamurombe Legal Practice, Grace expressed concern over the manner in which the case was handled. Among many issues her court papers cited, Grace noted:
- the summonses were not even served in the required manner by the rules of the court.
- The judgment has several penalties or orders which expect compliance by July 1, 2021. Having had sight of the referenced judgment, we have identified critical procedural and substantive law defects that must be corrected by this court to attain real and substantial justice in the judicial process and additionally rein in the community court presiding officer from overstretching their lawful operation as a judicial officer
- There is no information that has been provided to show the substantial legal interest that fits with the plaintiff (Tinos Manongovere), thereby, prompting him to approach the court vis-à-vis the aforementioned choice of law process.
- The summons issued on April 29 by the chief already carried a sentence of five cattle and one goat. This was made before the attendance and later on conviction of Grace Mugabe. The ultimate hearing was, therefore, manifestly biased since the sentence was already predetermined.
- Chief Zvimba failed to observe one of the cardinal principles of natural justice by making an order directing the disposal of property that belonged to the estate of the late Mugabe in the absence of the lawful custodian of such property.
- Mugabe Exhumation, Reburial: Bona, Chatunga, Robert Appeal Order
- Late Former President Robert Mugabe’s Property Was Shared, Says Family
- ZANU PF Politiburo Member Defends Mugabe Family On Exhumation, Reburial
- Mugabe Family Meets Over Exhumation, Reburial
- ‘Chief Zvimba’s Judgement On Mugabe Reburial Not Final’
- Madhuku: Mugabe Reburial Order Outrageous And Unlawful
- Govt ‘Annoyed’ By Links To Mugabe Reburial Efforts – Mangwana
- Mugabe’s Sceptre Was Handed Over To Kasukuwere – Zivhu
- Chief Zvimba Disowns Grace Mugabe Summons
- Mnangagwa Behind Push To Exhume Mugabe, He Wants ‘Mystic Tsvimbo’, Says Zhuwawo
- WATCH: Zhuwao Speaks On Uncle Robert Mugabe’s Exhumation
- “Robert Mugabe Must Be Reburied,” Grace Summoned To Court
Grace speaks days after her three children, Bona Mutsahuni Mugabe, Bellarmine Chatunga Mugabe and Tinotenda Robert Mugabe argued that Chief Zvimba had no authority to preside over the case.
Mugabe’s nephew Patrick Zhuwao recently sensationally claimed on South African broadcaster, SABC that President Emmerson Mnangagwa was behind the exhumation and reburial of the veteran leader to recover a mystical sceptre that would give him commanding authority as a leader.