ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON MONDAY 31 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL WEDNESDAY 02 JUNE 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
It was cloudy, windy and cold in provinces such as Masvingo, Matabeleland South, Manicaland and southern parts of the Midlands, with light drizzle in areas such as Chisumbanje into Chipinge.
All other areas were mostly sunny and warm as noon-day winds shifted from the cool south-easterly to relatively warmer north-easterly.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW TUESDAY 02 JUNE 2021:
It should be mostly sunny and warm by day across much of the country. However, both morning and evening are expected to be cold with a slight ground frost in areas such as Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos and Nyanga.
- Ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm, especially towards evening and early morning, where possible stay at home.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- The use of braziers or open fires should be done under adult supervision
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||07||29|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||10||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||09||27|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||06||22|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||06||24|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||06||25|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||05||24|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR WEDNESDAY 02 JUNE 2021
Manicaland and Mashonaland East Provinces should have clear skies and very cold conditions at first, becoming mild by afternoon with scattered clouds developing and probable light rain showers in places.
Windy and mild conditions are anticipated in Masvingo and Matabeleland South, with cloudy conditions in districts such as Chiredzi and Beitbridge into Mwenezi.
All other areas (Matabeleland North, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland West and Central) are expected to be mostly sunny and warm by day becoming cold towards evening.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection