Jamie O’Hara has slammed Manchester City coach, Pep Guardiola for the Uefa Champions League final loss to Chelsea on Saturday 29 May 2021 saying he made poor team selection decisions.
O’Hara says Brazilian midfielder Fenandinho who was introduced late in the second half should have been brought in earlier to provide a shield to the backline while Phil Foden should have played in his regular position, either of the wings.
Chelsea scored their only goal in the first half when an unmarked Havertz dribbled past Ederson and kicked into an empty net.
Manchester City were favourites to winning the prestigious trophy but failed to rise to the occasion.
They were also a bit unlucky, as their talisman, Kevin De Bruyne was forced out early into the second half after sustaining an injury from colliding with Rudiger.
Last year, Guardiola was also accused of making poor decisions resulting in Manchester City losing to Lyon who were underdogs.
Watch the video below for more.
- Chelsea v Manchester City: “I’ll Stay At City Until We Win Champions League -Aguero 2014
- Emotional Guardiola Reveals Aguero’s Next Club
- EPL End Of Season: Champions League, Europa, Golden Boot, Assists, Records
- Nakamba Starts Again As Aston Villa Beat Chelsea
- Aguero Seal City Career In Style, Breaks Rooney’s Record
- Pep Guardiola Responds To Kane Hint On Joining Manchester City
- Kevin De Bruyne Signs New Contract, Focuses On Silverware
- Manchester United Fans Disrupt Training Over Super League
- Chelsea Sink Madrid, Face Manchester City In Champions League Final
More: Pindula News