ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 27 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 29 MAY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The dry conditions and calm winds over the country have resulted in the suppression of both air and ground minimum temperatures.
Very cold morning conditions (air temperatures below 5°C) were experienced in places such as Chipinge, Henderson, Nyanga, Masvingo, Gweru, Rusape, Buhera, and Mount Darwin, with a severe ground frost in Nyanga (-05°C) and Wedza (-03°C) while Masvingo (-02°C) and Gweru (-02°C) had moderate ground frost.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 28 MAY 2021
Clear skies will dominate the country with warm afternoon conditions. However, the morning should be very cold over the Highveld whilst the rest of the country should have cold conditions.
Slight to moderate ground frost is highly probable in frost-prone areas such Chivhu, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga.
- Ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm, especially towards evening and early morning.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- The use of braziers or open fires should be done under adult supervision
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES (°C)
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||07||28|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||10||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||03||26|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and warm, though very cold in the morning||00||22|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||04||25|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and warm, though very cold in the morning||01||26|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Sunny and warm, though very cold in the morning||02||23|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 29 MAY 2021
Warm northeasterly airflow and a slight rise in air and ground minimum temperatures are expected.
It should be warm by the afternoon with sunny conditions over the country, though cold in the morning with a slight ground frost in Matopos, Nyanga and Mukandi.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection