Puma Cricket has fulfilled its pledge to sponsor Zimbabwe Cricket players as they confirmed shipping shoes meant to be delivered to Zimbabwean players.
The initiative is in response to a sponsorship appeal that was made on Twitter by Ryan Burl, a player in the Zimbabwe Cricket team.
Puma Cricket responded almost instantly pledging to sponsor the Zimbabwe Cricket player. In a follow-up post, Puma Cricket said:
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
_Express shipment for @ and his mates. I hope the colours match the jersey._
Ryan Brul had posted his shoes clamped by a vice to allow the glue to stick adding that he and his teammates were accustomed to that after every tournament. He said:
_Any chance we can get a sponsor so we don’t have to glue our shoes back after every series @newbalance @NewBalance_SA @NBCricket @ICAssociation_
Meanwhile, reports suggest that some senior officials in Zimbabwe Cricket are not happy with the development arguing that the sponsorship will tarnish the image of the organisation.
Observers, however, said it is more embarrassing to play with tattered shoes than having a sponsor.
- Puma Pledges To Sponsor Zimbabwean Cricketer After Twitter Plea
- Lone Gunman Robs Puma Service Station Of US$1 000
- FULL TEXT: Ex-Zim Cricket Captain Heath Streak Issues Apology
- T20I: Zimbabwe Cricket Won By 19 Runs Against Pakistan
- Zimbabwe To Host 2023 Cricket World Cup Qualifiers
- Zimbabwe Cricket Reinstated, Team Remains Suspended Though -2019
- WATCH: Govt Inheriting Zimbabwe Cricket Debt, But How Is Metbank Involved?
- ICC Blocks 4 Zimbabwe Women Cricketers From Global Development Squad
More: Pindula News