President Emmerson Mnangagwa has taken credit for the good rains Zimbabwe received during the 2020-2021 rain season saying it was him who allowed traditional leaders to conduct rainmaking ceremonies and religious leaders to pray for rains.
Mnangagwa made the remarks while addressing thousands of ZANU PF supporters gathered at Chief Njelele’s homestead in Gokwe for Zimbabwe at 40 national culture celebrations. He said:
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
_The rains had gone for many years. When this new dispensation came, we then said what should we do? I summoned all the chiefs to come together and told them to go to their homes and conduct rituals, which they may have forgotten. I told them to go and do those rituals and pray so that we get rains. I also asked those from churches, ‘go and pray from your churches for the rains’, and the rains came. I thank you for the work that you did._
Mnangagwa takes credit for the rains when the country is expecting a bumper harvest this season and is poised to be out of starvation that was upon the country for years.
In the recent past, Zimbabwe has been importing grain from neighbouring countries and from as far as Brazil while sympathisers including Japan and the World Food Programme have been donating grain to the country that was at some point the breadbasket of SADC.
Since coming to power in 2017, Mnangagwa has, in addition to other efforts, been actively seeking supernatural intervention to end the country’s deep-rooted and multifaceted crisis.
He has led prayers to undo Western-sponsored sanctions and also conjured the supernatural in the hope of attracting foreign direct investment.
On Tuesday, Mnangagwa will unveil the statue of the late spirit medium Mbuya Nehanda in central Harare, with the hope to appease ancestral spirits.
There are also reports that he is behind the alleged plans to exhume the remains of the late Robert Mugabe with the hope of retrieving a sceptre that is premised on turning the country’s fortunes around.
- Mugabe’s Sceptre Was Handed Over To Kasukuwere – Zivhu
- Chief Zvimba, Plaintiff, Denounced Over Mugabe Exhumation
- Mnangagwa Behind Push To Exhume Mugabe, He Wants ‘Mystic Tsvimbo’, Says Zhuwawo
- Pfumvudza Was Used To Swindle Money From Farmers – Report
- Wadyajena, MDC-T MP Clash Over Distribution Of Pfumvudza Inputs
- Youths Say The Country Is Bound For A Bumper Harvest If Pfumvudza Is Implemented Well
- Zimbabwe Having An Agricultural Revolution – ED
- ‘Mother Of The Nation’ Auxillia Mnangagwa Calls For 3 Days Of Prayer & Fasting Against Corona