ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 21 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 23 MAY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Cold overnight conditions experienced in most areas resulted in slight ground frost at Chivhu, Gweru, Henderson, Marondera, Matopos, Mukandi and Nyanga.
Meanwhile, pressure is rising along the southeast coast of South Africa, steering a relatively moist south-easterly airflow into the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 22 MAY 2021
It should be partly cloudy, windy and much cooler than of late with a chance of patchy morning drizzle over Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo, and southern districts of Manicaland).
The rest of the country is expected to be mostly sunny and mild with freshening winds though cold in the morning.
- Slight ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however
- persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Winter is at hand; keeping warm is essential for everyone.
- Have warm clothing nearby, if you are planning to be outdoors into the late evening hours.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- The use of braziers or open fires should be done under adult supervision
FORECAST OF TOMORROW’S WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURES
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||13||30|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||15||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Partly cloudy and mild, though cold in the morning||06||22|
|NYANGA:||Partly cloudy and mild, though cold in the morning||09||18|
|VUMBA:||Partly cloudy and mild, though cold in the morning||10||23|
|MATOPOS:||Partly cloudy and mild, though cold in the morning||07||24|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Partly cloudy and mild, though cold in the morning||09||25|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 23 MAY 2021
It should be cloudy, cool and windy with morning drizzle over Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, Masvingo, southern districts of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan, Mashonaland East and Manicaland Province, becoming less cloudy and mild in the afternoon.
Mostly sunny and mild conditions are expected in Matabeleland North, northern districts of the Midlands, and Mashonaland Central and West Provinces with a freshening breeze though cold in the morning.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection