ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 19 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 21 MAY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
It was mostly cloudy this morning over the eastern parts of the country, namely Manicaland Province and Mashonaland East Province into the eastern parts of Midlands and Masvingo Provinces while the rest of the country had mostly clear skies.
Though cold and windy over much of the country at first, it was warmer by afternoon with the clouds in the eastern parts of the country scattering.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 20 MAY 2021
Mostly clear skies are expected countrywide. It should be cold in the morning with a slight ground frost in areas such as Matopos, Gweru, Henderson, Chivhu, Nyanga and Mukandi. Warm by afternoon becoming cold towards evening.
- Slight ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Winter is at hand; keeping warm is essential for everyone.
- Have warm clothing nearby, if you are planning to be outdoors into the late evening hours.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning.
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated.
- The use of braziers or open fires should be done under adult supervision.
|FORECAST OF TOMORROW WEATHER IN HOLIDAY RESORTS TEMPERATURE||Min||Max|
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||11||29|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||13||31|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||09||27|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||07||22|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||07||27|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||08||25|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and warm, though cold in the morning||08||26|
WEATHER FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 21 MAY 2021
Slight ground frost is expected in susceptible places with cold morning conditions. However, it should be sunny countrywide and warm by afternoon.
Cold conditions are anticipated towards evening over most places with winds begin to strengthen over provinces such as Masvingo, Matabeleland South and Manicaland.
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection.