A Mutare-based self-proclaimed prophet, Madzibaba Maxwell Muguta, who was arrested for the possession of a snake has been convicted and fined for contravening the Parks and Wildlife Act.
The self-proclaimed prophet said he had bought the snake from a traditional healer.
He was intercepted by the police who were acting on a tipoff. Muguta intended to transport the live snake to Mutare.
During his cross-examination in court, Madzibaba Muguta admitted that he had bought the snake from an unnamed traditional healer in Seke for US$70.
He was subsequently convicted and fined ZWL$30 thousand or four months in prison should he fail to pay the fine.
In addition, he was given a five months sentence, which was wholly suspended on condition he does not commit a similar offence involving hunting or removing any animal from any land without a permit or licence.
- Madzibaba Arrested After Being Found With Cobra
- Madzibaba Brags About Causing Wife’s Blindness
- Madzibaba Goes Insane After 3 Day Session At A Sacred Mountain – Report
- Rape-accused Madzibaba Attempts Midnight Marriage Rituals To Conceal Crime
- Popular Madzibaba Arrested At Airport Over Smuggling