ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 12 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 14 MAY 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
It was cold in most parts of the country this morning, with a slight frost in areas such as Matopos and Henderson.
The Eastern highlands had fewer frost occurrences due to the advection of moisture from Mozambique.
This led to scattered clouds over Manicaland into Mashonaland East; all other areas had clear skies as a relatively dry air mass permeates the Zimbabwean atmosphere.
TOMORROW THURSDAY 13 MAY 2021 should begin off cold in most areas, with a slight ground frost in areas such as Nyanga, Mukandi, Henderson, Marondera, Chivhu, Gweru and Matopos.
It is expected to be warm by afternoon with clear skies across the country, becoming cool towards evening.
- Slight ground frost may affect horticultural crops such as tomatoes.
- Temperature fluctuations between night and day may affect the health of all persons, however persons of an ill disposition, the elderly, young children tend to be more vulnerable.
- Respiratory-related ailments such as asthma, hay fever, colds and flu tend to be common during this period due to cold mornings and evening.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Winter is at hand; keeping warm is essential for everyone.
- Have warm clothing nearby, if you are planning to be outdoors into the late evening hours.
- Ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm especially towards evening and early morning
- For expert advice on preventative and redemptive measures for respiratory-related ailments, please consult your local health practitioner.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask-up, get vaccinated #.
- The use of braziers or open fires should be done under adult supervision.
FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 14 MAY 2021
Briefly cloudy periods are expected over Victoria Falls and Hwange Districts, while the rest of the country should be mostly sunny and warm with a north-easterly airflow prevailing.
However, cold conditions are anticipated for both morning and evening, with a slight ground frost in areas over high ground.
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Sunny and mild||10||27|
|KARIBA:||Sunny and warm||14||30|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Sunny and mild||08||27|
|NYANGA:||Sunny and mild||06||20|
|VUMBA:||Sunny and mild||09||24|
|MATOPOS:||Sunny and mild||07||24|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Sunny and mild||11||22|
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection