The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) is investigating a suspected murder case of a 52-year-old Gweru woman who was found dead with injuries suggesting she was stoned to death.
Gladys Frank’s body was found along a footpath near Gweru’ Megawat complex.
Midlands provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko said the deceased woman was found by a passerby Sunday while lying in a pool of blood with her head crushed with huge stones.
Insp Mahoko added that the police Investigations into the murder case were underway. He said:
_Police who attended the scene discovered that the head of the deceased had serious injuries indicating her attackers could have used huge stones and concrete blocks to crush the head._
The report comes as police are seized with a shooting case that also happened in the Midlands Province capital. The alleged shooter is said to be on the run while two of his victims were recently discharged from hospital while the other two died on the night of the shooting.
- AKA Hits Out At Sinister Agenda To Influence Police Inquest Into Nelli’s Death
- Police Officer Stabbed To Death Over National Difficulties – Report
- ‘Dead’ Man Resurfaces Week After Death
- ZimPF Youth Leader To Release Book On Solomon Mujuru Death
- BREAKING: Socialite, Alleged Lover Shot Dead In Gweru