ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 16 HRS ON SUNDAY 02 MAY 2021 VALID UNTIL TUESDAY 04 MAY 2021
Thunderstorms occurred over parts of Matabeleland North, Harare Metropolitan, northern areas of the Midlands and all Mashonaland Provinces yesterday, the rainfall was generally light except for areas such as Myurwi (23 mm), Makuti (19 mm) and Murehwa (11 mm).
Meanwhile, the southern and eastern parts of the country, namely Manicaland, Masvingo, southern areas of the Midlands, Matabeleland South into Bulawayo Metropolitan, were mostly cloudy, windy and cold with patchy drizzle.
These cloudy conditions had spread further inland by this morning.
However, TOMORROW MONDAY 03 MAY 2021, the strong winds should begin to subside, with cloudy and cold morning conditions over much of Manicaland Province into Masvingo Province becoming mild by afternoon, amid more sunny breaks.
All Mashonaland Provinces and northern districts of Matabeleland North are forecast to be mostly cloudy and warm with isolated thunderstorms.
Mostly clear skies are expected over the rest of the country (Matabeleland South, Midlands, Bulawayo and Harare Metropolitan Provinces), cold at first becoming mild by afternoon.
- Temperature fluctuations may affect the health of vulnerable members of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Cold weather conditions negatively impact poultry animals
- Lightning still a potential; especially over Mashonaland West (Zambezi Valley)
- Soil moisture was slightly increased due to almost countrywide light showers
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Please ensure that vulnerable members of society are kept warm during these wintry nights
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- While soil moisture has slightly reduced the occurrence of frost, farmers in frost-prone areas are encouraged to have frost preventive measure in place.
- When thunder roars, it is advisable to desist from all outdoor activities and go indoors.
- COVID is still a potential threat, stay safe, mask up, get vaccinated #Winteriscoming
FORECAST FOR TUESDAY O4 MAY 2021
Mostly sunny and warm conditions are expected over the country by day, becoming cool towards evening.
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Mostly cloudy and mild||13||26|
|KARIBA:||Mostly cloudy with isolated thunderstorms||18||28|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly cloudy and cool||10||20|
|NYANGA:||Mostly cloudy and cool||08||18|
|VUMBA:||Mostly cloudy and cool||11||19|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly sunny and cool||08||20|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly cloudy and cool||13||18|
PRODUCED BY: The Meteorological Services Department IN CONJUNCTION WITH Department of Civil Protection