ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 29 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 01 MAY 2021.
Brief cloudy periods and isolated showers occurred over districts such as Hwange, Tsholotsho, Buillima, Mangwe, Matobo, Umzingwane, Bubi and Insiza into Gweru, yesterday. However, by today these clouds were only over a few parts of Matabeleland South into Matabeleland North, making it rather mild in the morning. The rest of the country had mostly clear skies and cool morning conditions. Meanwhile, moisture continues to filter into the country from the west and the north.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 30 APRIL 2021
Cloudy and warm conditions are expected over Matabeleland South and North by mid-morning. with the clouds slowly spreading into Bulawayo Metropolitan and the Midlands. By evening Harare Metropolitan, Masvingo..Manicaland and all Mashonaland Provinces should have scattered clouds, though being under clear skies and cool morning conditions at first.
NB: In all areas. these clouds may be coupled with isolated light showers as well as the outburst of thunder (and inherently lightning and strong winds).
• There is a heightened potential for lightning strikes
• Mosquitoes presence should be taken into consideration
• Temperature fluctuation negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• When thunder roars, it is advisable to indoors: do not shelter under isolated trees or shed.
• Keep away from metal equipment during a storm as these are prone to lightning strikes.
• Do not tide at the back of an open truck and tractors, even when lightning is far off.
• Persons in Malaria prone areas should take necessary precautions such as insecticides spraying, applying mosquito repellents, sleeping under mosquito nets.
• Fill potholes which allow stagnation of water as these may become breeding areas of mosquitoes
• Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
• Follow the weather updates constantly as changes happen abruptly during this period.
TEMPERATURES FOR THE MAIN CITY CENTRES
|Forecast Of Tomorrow’s Weather In Holiday Resorts||TEMPERATURES|
|VICTORIA FALLS:||Scattered clouds but warm||13||32|
|KARIBA:||Mostly sunny and warm, becoming cloudy later||16||32|
|GREAT ZIMBABWE:||Mostly sunny and warm, becoming cloudy later||11||31|
|NYANGA:||Mostly sunny and warm, becoming cloudy later||10||25|
|VUMBA:||Mostly sunny and warm, becoming cloudy later||11||28|
|MATOPOS:||Mostly cloudy and warm, with isolated showers||08||30|
|CHIMANIMANI:||Mostly sunny and warm, becoming cloudy late||09||26|
FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 01 MAY APRIL 2021
The first day of May begins with a veer in the winds from the current northerly to cool south-easterly. As such. cloudy. windy and cool conditions are expected over Matabeleland South. Bulawayo Metropolitan, Manicaland. Mashonaland East, Mashonaland Central and Niasvingo Provinces. Light showers are probable, especially over high ground. Elsewhere (Harare Metropolitan, Midlands, Matabeleland North, and Mashonaland West provinces) should be mostly sunny and warm: though cool both morning and evening.