Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the gruesome murder of two grade-1 pupils in Nyanga District about five days ago.
The two suspects, Solomon Munyama (48) and Passmore Kumbirai Sambaza (age not given) are accused of having murdered Dilan and Melissa Benza of Sambaza Village, in Nyanga on Tuesday last week.
The two grade one pupils were allegedly killed in cold blood on their way home from Mbaza Primary School and their bodies were found the following day dumped in a disused toilet at an abandoned homestead after searchers followed a trail of blood.
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
Melissa and Daniel Benza, both aged seven from Sambaza Village in Nyanga, were killed on a 4km walk from their school.
National police spokesperson Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi said the arrested suspects are now assisting with investigations. He said:
_The suspects are now assisting police with investigations._
- Bodies Of Two Missing Students Found In An Unused Toilet Pit
- Police Determined To Bring Child Killers To Book
- Murdered Murehwa Boy Tapiwa Makore Finally Buried
- I’ve Forgiven Tapiwa’s Murderers – Tapiwa Makore’s Father
- Pictures: The Burial Of Tapiwa Lionel Makore