ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 16 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 18 APRIL 2021.
A north-westerly wind over areas such as Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands into Mashonaland West. coupled with a freshening south-easterly breeze over Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Nlanicaland Provinces resulted in a pocket of calmer winds over the central parts of the Midlands into the southern areas of Mashonaland East. Thus, due to these calm winds coupled with the clear night skies, areas such as Gweru (2 °C), Kadoma (4 °C) and Marondera (5 °C) were very cold; though by sunrise these same areas had touches of cloud due to further advection of moisture. The rest of the country remained sunny for the bulk of the day.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, SATURDAY 17 APRIL 2021
As more moisture infiltrates into the country from the southeast, cloudy conditions are projected over provinces such as Masvingo, Manicaland, Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan. southern areas of the Midlands as well as southern areas of Mashonaland East. It should be cool and windy for much of the day. becoming cold overnight. Mostly sunny and freshening winds are expected over the rest of the country, namely Matabeleland North, northern parts of the Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland Provinces. Cool at first, becoming mild later.
• These cooler weather conditions may affect the health of vulnerable members of society such as young children, elderly and ill persons.
• Temperature fluctuation negatively impact animals especially poultry.
• Ensure vulnerable members of society. are kept warm.
• Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-rum and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
• The main-rainfall season has now passed and winter is approaching temperature may fluctuate significantly, thus horticultural crops such as tomatoes need to be monitored and frost preventions mechanism placed on standby for any forecast eventualities.
• Regularly follow the weather updates on different official channels indicated in the footer.
FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 18 APRIL 2021
In Manicaland and Masvingo provinces it should be cloudy and cool in the morning becoming partly cloudy and warm by the afternoon. Clear skies are expected over the rest of the country (Harare Metropolitan Province, Matabeleland North Province, Midlands Province, Bulawayo Metropolitan Province, and all Mashonaland Provinces), warm by day becoming cold overnight.
- Zimbabwe Weather Report and Forecast 12 – 14 April 2021
- Zimbabwe Weather Report and Forecast 15 – 17 April 2021
More: Pindula News, MSD