ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 15 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 17 APRIL 2021.
Clear skies and light winds resulted in cool morning conditions in most areas with localised cold weather in susceptible areas (Mukandi, Kadoma, Mhondoro, Wedza, Marondera, Kwekwe and Gweru).
Meanwhile, pressure is slowly rising along the southeast coast of South Africa.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, FRIDAY 16 APRIL 2021 Mostly sunny and warm conditions with freshening winds are expected across much of the country.
However, it should be partly cloudy with an odd shower in parts of Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces.
- These cool weather conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable members of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
- Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning
- Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
- Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR SATURDAY 17 APRIL 2021
Matabeleland South, Bulawayo Metropolitan, southern areas of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces are expected to be cloudy and windy with drizzle. It will be cooler than of late.
The rest of the country (Matabeleland North, Northern areas of Midlands, Harare Metropolitan and all Mashonaland provinces) should be mostly sunny, windy and warm, though cool in the morning.