ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 14 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 16 APRIL 2021.
The atmosphere remains relatively dry with clear skies and very light winds being experienced over the country.
Morning conditions are becoming relatively cool.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW, THURSDAY 15 APRIL 2021 Mostly sunny conditions with freshening winds are expected to continue dominating much of the country. Cool at first, becoming relatively warmer by the afternoon.
- These cool weather conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
- Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours,
- Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
- Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 16 APRIL 2021 Matabeleland South, Masvingo and Manicaland provinces are expected to be cloudy and windy at first, becoming warmer from mid-morning with sunny breaks.
The rest of the country should be mostly sunny and warm, though mild in the morning and towards evening.