ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 09 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 11 APRIL 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
Cool conditions prevailed over most areas this morning, with a few areas such as Henderson (7 °C), Kadoma (8 °C), Gweru (9 °C), Kwekwe (9 °C), Kutsaga (9 °C), R. G. Mugabe International Airport (9 °C) and Chivhu (9 °C), being in the cold category.
This was by virtue of the mostly clear skies, which inversely led to a warm afternoon, as a relatively dry airflow covered much of the country.
TOMORROW, SATURDAY 10 APRIL 2021, a warm afternoon is forecast across the country with mostly sunny conditions prevailing.
However, it should be cool in the morning and toward evening with temperatures ranging between 11 °C and 14 °C for the bulk of the country.
This excludes some areas along the Eastern Highlands into the Highveld, which have an expected morning temperature range of between 7 °C and 10 °C.
On the other hand, both the Zambezi valley and Limpopo valley areas should be mild at first.
- These cool conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
- Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours,
- Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
- Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 11 APRIL 2021
A sunny Sunday is anticipated countrywide; though cool in the morning, it should become warm by afternoon, with a light breeze time and again.
The evening is expected to be cool once more with the wind slightly strengthening.