ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 09 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 11 APRIL 2021.
Cool conditions prevailed over most areas this morning, with a few areas such as Henderson (7 °C), Kadoma (8 °C), Gweru (9 °C), Kwekwe (9 °C), Kutsaga (9 °C), R. G. Mugabe International Airport (9 °C) and Chivhu (9 °C), being in the cold category.
This was by virtue of the mostly clear skies, which inversely led to a warm afternoon, as a relatively dry airflow covered much of the country.
TOMORROW, SATURDAY 10 APRIL 2021, a warm afternoon is forecast across the country with mostly sunny conditions prevailing.
However, it should be cool in the morning and toward evening with temperatures ranging between 11 °C and 14 °C for the bulk of the country.
This excludes some areas along the Eastern Highlands into the Highveld, which have an expected morning temperature range of between 7 °C and 10 °C.
On the other hand, both the Zambezi valley and Limpopo valley areas should be mild at first.
- These cool conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, the elderly and ill persons.
- Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
- Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours,
- Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
- Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
- Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR SUNDAY 11 APRIL 2021
A sunny Sunday is anticipated countrywide; though cool in the morning, it should become warm by afternoon, with a light breeze time and again.
The evening is expected to be cool once more with the wind slightly strengthening.