ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 07 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 09 APRIL 2021
Moisture from the north-western and south-eastern parts of the country yesterday, led to brief cloudy period and light showers in places afar field as Binga, Chipinge and Harare. However, with the winds that were driving in moisture becoming calmer, the atmosphere is becoming less moist.
Consequently, clear skies are projected for tomorrow, Thursday 08 April 2021, over much of the country. It should be cool at first, becoming warm later. with a light easterly breeze.
• These cool conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, elderly and ill persons.
• Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
• Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
• Temperature fluctuation, between night and day. negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours.
• Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
• Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing on-farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping. as well as any outdoor activities.
• Where possible apply sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays,
• Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted,
• Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR FRIDAY 09 APRIL 2021
Sunny and warns conditions are expected across the country. However, it should be cool both morning and evening.