ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 06 APRIL 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 08 APRIL 2021.
• The moisture surge from the high-pressure ridge off the southeast coast of South Africa resulted in brief cloudy and cool conditions in parts of Matabeleland South. southern areas of Midlands. Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces in Mashonaland East including Harare Metropolitan this morning. The remainder of the country remained predominantly sunny and warm.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 07 APRIL 2021:
It should start off under clear skies and cool in most areas. However, it should be cold at susceptible places (Matopos, Gweru, Nyanga, Henderson, Mukandi and Chivhu). It will become wart by afternoon with brief cloudy periods expected in most areas.
• These cool conditions during the early morning hours and evening may affect the health of vulnerable member of society such as young children, elderly and ill persons.
• Exposure to direct sunlight for extended periods of time, especially between the hours of 10 am and 3 pm, increase the risk of heat exhaustion, migraine headaches and dehydration.
• Moisture stress may occur, especially in tender crops
• Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
• Ensure vulnerable members of society are kept warm during late evening and early morning hours.
• Drink adequate amounts of water to keep hydrated especially during the daytime.
• VVear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing on-farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any outdoor activities.
• Where possible apply sunscreen to protect yourself from the sun’s rays,
• Irrigation may need to be conducted where moisture stress is noted.
• Constantly monitor and regulate the temperature within the hen-house/chicken-coop/fowl-run, and ensure proper air circulation to avoid suffocating chickens.
FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 08 APRIL 2021
Sunny conditions are expected across the country. It should be cool in the morning though cold at places such as Matopos. Gweru, Nyanga. Henderson, Mukandi and Chlvhu. becoming warm by afternoon.