The Meteorology Services Department (MSD) has released a weather update for today which states that it will be mostly sunny in many parts of the country. Said the MSD in a statement:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 31 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 02 APRIL 2021.
Brief cloudy periods occurred over parts of Matabeleland South, into Masvingo and Manicaland Provinces this morning. However, this moisture field did not yield much in terms of rainfall as the atmosphere continues to become less moist. All other areas remained perched with mostly clear skies, calm winds and chilly morning conditions. Some of the lowest temperatures occurred in areas such as Marondera (5 °C), Nyanga (6 ‘C), Mukandi (6 ‘C), Henderson (9 IT), and Rusape (9 °C).
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW THURSDAY 01 APRIL 2021: Mostly sunny and warm conditions are expected countrywide with a light north-easterly breeze. However, as we start this month of April, it should be cold both morning and evening.
- Though Thursday the 1st of April is April Fools’ Day, do not let the sunny and warm daytime conditions fool you; it should be cool towards evening.
- These cold morning and evening conditions may affect vulnerable members of the society e.g. the young, the aged and ill.
- Temperature fluctuation, between night and day, negatively impact animals especially poultry. Constantly monitor these and ensure locating is regulated accordingly.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep warm both evening and early morning,
- Keep hydrated especially during the daytime,
- Wear a sunhat or carry an umbrella when performing on-farm activities such as harvesting or land preparations for winter cropping, as well as any other outdoor activities.
- Where possible apply sunscreen to protect yourself from the som’s rays,
- Ensure young children, the elderly and ill are kept warm especially towards evening,
- While April may be an ideal month for weddings and other outdoor activities, please note that pockets of moisture which may result in light afternoon thundershowers need to be considered during planning. Where possible consult with the Met Department.
Here are the temperatures that are to be expected in the countrys’ major cities and holiday resorts.