Zimbabwe’s Minister of Finance and Economic Development, Professor Mthuli Ncube has said the Southern African country is planning to procure one million doses of COVID-19 vaccines every month.
The country has since received more than one million doses from China and India some of which are donations and authorities are already administering the vaccines. We present Minister Ncube’s statement below.
PRESS STATEMENT ARRIVAL OF AN ADDITIONAL 1,056,000 DOSES OF COVID-19 VACCINES PROCURED BY THE GOVERNMENT OF ZIMBABWE
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
- The Government of Zimbabwe has mobilised USD100 million towards the purchase of Covid-19 vaccines to cover a significant portion of the population in order to achieve herd immunity.
- I am pleased to announce that Government has this week received 1.056,000 doses of Covid -19 vaccines purchased from China which are being made available to Zimbabwe Citizens free of charge at designated vaccination centres.
- Going forward. the country will be receiving about 1 million doses of Covid-19 vaccines per month from additional purchases aimed at reaching the herd immunity target
- We are further pleased to acknowledge an offer from DHL International for concessionary tariffs that the company has offered for the shipment of vaccine consignments under an arrangement that will ensure the timeous and safe delivery of vaccines to the country.
- Govemment also acknowledges and appreciates the broad support so far received from the private sector and is committed to ensure that all these partnerships are deepened for the National Good.
Hon. Prof. Mthuli Ncube
Minister of Finance and Economic Development
01 April 2021