ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON TUESDAY 30 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL THURSDAY 01 APRIL 2021.
Light drizzle occurred in Matabeleland South, southern parts of Midlands, Masvingo and Manicaland this morning.
Isolated showers were reported in Mashonaland Central yesterday.
Meanwhile, relatively moist conditions are persisting in the northern areas.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW WEDNESDAY 31 MARCH 2021: It should be mostly sunny and warm in most areas with some scattered clouds developing in all Mashonaland and Harare Metropolitan provinces.
Isolated thundershowers remain probable in those areas. It will be cool in the morning.
- Lightning can still strike from a distant cloud when the skies above you are mostly blue and cloudless (This is commonly called a “bolt from the blue”).
- Isolated trees and shed have a high potential of being struck by lightning during a thunderstorm.
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Remember when you are close enough to hear thunder less than 30 seconds after you see lightning then you are close enough to get struck. It is safer to seek shelter in a closed building when this occurs.
- When thunder roars, go indoors. Do not hide under a tree or in an isolated shed.
- Keep physically distant from livestock and other people once a storm begins till it ends.
- Do not ride at the back of a pick-up truck or a tractor during thunderstorms.
FORECAST FOR THURSDAY 01 APRIL 2021: Clear skies and warm weather is expected in much of the country except the extreme northern areas where brief clouds are expected. It will be cool in the morning.