ADDITIONAL MEASURES AGAINST THE SPREAD OF COVID-19 DISEASE DURING EASTER HOLIDAYS
Zimbabweans will be celebrating Easter Holidays from this Friday, 2nd April 2021. This Christian Commemoration ends on the 5th of April when our Nation celebrates Easter Monday.
In keeping with Christian practices, Zimbabweans flock to different places of worships, with some visiting holy shrines.
Still, others may travel beyond our borders for the same purpose. The risk of disease transmission during the period is thus predictably high.
To safeguard our Nation, we need to take some additional measures to avoid the 3rd wave of the pandemic which is already attacking some Nations of the World.
For the duration of the Easter Holidays:
1. Travellers coming into the country from neighbouring States must undergo valid Covid-19 PCR tests not more than 48 hours from the time of their departure for Zimbabwe. Travellers without aforesaid valid test results clearing them for safe travel will be quarantined for 10 days at designated hotels, and at their own cost.
2. School learners who are in boarding schools will not be permitted to travel back home. Equally, no parents will travel to concerned schools for purposes of visits.
3. Bars and night clubs will remain closed during the Easter Holidays.
4. All gatherings, including church services, funerals and weddings will remain limited to not more than 50 people.
5. Wearing of masks and social distancing will be strictly adhered to and enforced.
6. People from different localities are encouraged to come forward to designated centres for vaccination so that our Nation builds towards herd immunity.
7. The general public is encouraged to defer unnecessary travel outside localities of residence.
8. As already stated, coming into Zimbabwe without a valid PCR negative certificate will require quarantining in a hotel for 10 days at own cost. Those with valid PCR negative certificates will self-quarantine at home or in a hotel for 10 days from day of arrival into the country.
9. Tourists who volunteer to be vaccinated can access vaccination services available in our country at their own cost.
- Mwonzora's Daughter Tells Chamisa To Change Party Name
- Billiat Scores As Chiefs Reach CL Quarter-final
- Armed Robbers Raid City Centre Wholesale In Broad Daylight
- China Admits Its Coronavirus Vaccines' Effectiveness Is Low