Villagers in Chilonga are reportedly living in Chilonga as abductions rock the beleaguered region. Villagers who spoke to the publication said there are abductions going on in Chilonga and they are reportedly living in fear as people disappear from their homes and villages.
Here are some of the points that were raised by the villagers in the video:
- They were never consulted on the project
- Suspected state agents came and abducted 4 people and reportedly forced then to endorse the lucerne grass project
- A villager had to lie about their name on ZBC TV after he was threatened by suspected state agents
- The government did not provide consultation affidavits to the courts from Chilonga people
- They were displaced before and no compensation came.
Watch the video below: