ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON THURSDAY 18 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL SATURDAY 20 MARCH 2021.
Isolated light thundershowers were reported yesterday due to a weak cloud band that was affecting western areas of the country. Meanwhile, the atmosphere remains relatively moist over the northern provinces.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW FRIDAY 19 MARCH 2021: Matabeleland North, Matabeleland South and all Mashonaland Provinces should be partly cloudy and warm with a chance of isolated afternoon thundershowers.
The rest of the provinces should be mostly sunny and warm though mild in the morning.
- Thunder can still strike from a distant cloud when skies above you are mostly blue and cloudless (This is commonly called a “bolt from the blue”).
- Hot daytime conditions may lead to dehydration
- Crops might show signs of moisture stress
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Remember when you are close enough to hear thunder less than 30 seconds after you see lightning then you are close enough to get struck. It is safer to seek shelter in a closed building when this occurs.
- Keep hydrated, drink adequate amounts of water daily.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- Farmer with crops that still need significant amounts of water should plan with irrigation in mind.
NB: Pfumvudza plots are easy to irrigate even by hand.