The Meteorology Services Department has revealed that it will be sunny and warm throughout the country today. Said the department in a statement:
ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON WEDNESDAY 10 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL FRIDAY 12 MARCH 2021.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store
The atmosphere remains relatively moist over the northern areas of the country (all Mashonaland and
Harare Metropolitan Provinces) but dry elsewhere.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW. THURSDAY 11 MARCH 2021
It should be sunny and warm across much of the country with some scattered clouds with isolated thunderstorms expected overall Mashonaland and Harare Metropolitan Provinces
- Day-time temperatures are expected to steadily rise as the week progresses.
- Crops might show signs of moisture stress
- Hot daytime conditions may lead to dehydration
- Thunder can still strike from a distant cloud (This is commonly called a “bolt from the blue”).
- Keep hydrated: ensure you drink lots of water from protected sources.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- Fanner with crops that still need significant amounts of water should plan with irrigation in mind. NB: Pfumvudza plots are easy to irrigate even by hand.
- Remember when you are close enough to hear thunder less than 30 seconds after you see lightning then you are close enough to get struck. It is safer to seek shelter in a closed building when this occurs.