Here and some things that you probably didn’t know about Anne Nhira who last night succumbed to the injuries she sustained during a robbery in Johannesburg on Monday.
- Anne came from a musical family, her brothers Ju-Wayne, Prince, Mambo Fletcher, A-Swag, Shawna and Lamont are all musicians
- In 2017, she hogged the limelight for strongly opposing South African nudist and dancer Zodzwa Wabantu to come and make an appearance at the Harare International Carnival in October 2017.
- Anne was a talented actress who played the role of Vimbai Jari in the popular soapie Studio 263 and she was the soapie’s lead character before her departure.
- Anne moved to South Africa where she continued her career in acting bagging a role in South Africa’s soap Zabalaza that would air on MNet and on SABC in 2014.
- In 2017 she launched her own TV Show Masuwo with Anne Nhira which was broadcasted on ZimdiTv Facebook Page
- On her show’s first broadcast she was heckled by Zimbabweans who body-shamed her and laughed at her dress sense etc and even urged her to interview Zodwa Wabantu for them to watch her show.
- In 2013 she tried her luck in music and released her debut single The One
- She had her own talent scouting and training company named Anne Studio International.
- In 2017 she was rumoured to be in a relationship with then cabinet Minister Patrick Zhuwao, allegations Zhuwao denied.
- She was part of the Zanu PF youths that marched in solidarity marched in solidarity with Grace Mugabe 2017.
- South Africans wanted her deported and called her a failed actress when she managed to get Zodwa Wabantu banned from performing at the Harare International Carnival.
Introducing the Pindula News Mobil App
Download from Google Play Store