ZIMBABWE EVENING WEATHER REPORT AND FORECAST ISSUED AT 1600 HRS ON FRIDAY 05 MARCH 2021 VALID UNTIL SUNDAY 07 MARCH 2021.
Scattered thunderstorms and rain occurred yesterday in all Mashonaland Provinces, Harare Metropolitan Province and northern areas of Manicaland Province.
Notable rainfalls measured this morning were the following: 55mm (Mutoko), 53mm (Mukandi), 33mm (Mhondoro) and 25mm (Belvedere).
Meanwhile, the atmosphere has dried out in most areas except the northern areas of the country.
FORECAST FOR TOMORROW SATURDAY 06 MARCH 2021: All Mashonaland Provinces and Harare Metropolitan Province should be mostly cloudy and warm with isolated afternoon thundershowers.
The rest of the country is expected to be mostly sunny and hot though mild in the morning.
- Day-time temperatures are expected to steadily rise as the week progresses.
- Crops might show signs of moisture stress
- Hot daytime conditions may lead to dehydration
ACTIONS TO TAKE
- Keep hydrated: ensure you drink lots of water from protected sources.
- Poultry producers should note that broilers are sensitive to temperature variations and therefore need to be checked regularly and adjustment made.
- Farmer with crops that still need significant amounts of water should plan with irrigation in mind.
NB: Pfumvudza plots are easy to irrigate even by hand.