13-Year-Old Boy Electrocuted After Leaning On ZESA Pole

A 13-year-old boy from Nkululeko in Silobela, Midlands was electrocuted when he leaned against a ZESA powerline pole inside Nkululeko High Schoolyard.

Midlands provincial spokesperson, Inspector Emmanuel Mahoko confirmed the tragic incident which occurred on Tuesday afternoon.

Mahoko said the boy, Luckmore Ngwenya, was herding cattle in the schoolyard together with his 17-year-old brother when the tragedy struck. Mahoko said:

The scene has since been attended by the police and the body was taken to Gweru Provincial Hospital awating postmortem. Officials from the ZETDC also attended to the scene and investigations are still underway.

The incident comes after another boy, Colleen Chinyemba, 15, who was doing Form 3 at Nkululeko High was last year electrocuted while doing laundry in a tub at the school hostel.

Then an 11-year-old boy was last year September electrocuted in a Bushy area near Nguboyenja flyover Bulawayo as he was searching for some wild fruits with his friends.

In the same month, a woman tragically lost her life after she was electrocuted as she was relieving herself in a ZESA substation in Bulawayo.

Then another 15-year-old girl from Nlumumani, Bulawayo was found unconscious in their family residence’s bathroom in a suspected case of electrocution in February last year.

These cases have been on the rise recently and authorities blame faulty lines.

More: The Herald

To Comment, please click here

Featured Profiles

Satisfaction survey
How likely is it that you would recommend Pindula News to a friend or colleague?
SuggestionsHow can we improve?
You have already submitted your feedback. If you would like to add more feedback please write us on hello@pindula.com.

Back to top

Write a Comment

Your email address will not be published.