Statement by the Chief Secretary to the President and Cabinet Dr Misheck Sibanda on the Appointment Of Ministers and Deputy Ministers by President Emmerson Emmerson Mnangagwa.
APPOINTMENT OF MINISTERS AND DEPUTY MINISTERS BY HIS EXCELLENCY THE PRESIDENT, CDE. DR. E. D. MNANGAGWA: HARARE, 8TH FEBRUARY 2021
In terms of Section 104(1) and (2) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe (Amendment No. 20) of 2013, His Excellency the President, Cde. Dr. E. D. Mnangagwa has appointed the following Ministers and Deputy Ministers of Government:
1. Hon Felix Tapiwa Mhona, Member of Parliament for Chikomba Central, Mashonaland East Province, as Minister of Transport and Infrastructural Development. Hon Mhona holds a Masters of Business Administration Degree and Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Marketing) among other qualifications.
2. Hon Michael Madiro, Member of Parliament for Mutare North, Manicaland Province, currently Deputy Minister of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage, has been reassigned to the Ministry of Transport and infrastructural Development as Deputy Minister.
3. Hon Ruth Mavhunga-Maboyi, Member of Parliament for Beitbridge West, Matabeleland South, has been appointed Deputy Minister of Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage. Hon Mavhunga-Maboyi is a holder of the following degrees: B.A. Education and Administration; M.A. in Public Administration and M.A. in International Relations and Diplomacy.
4. Hon Kindness Paradza, Member of Parliament for Makonde, Mashonaland West Province, has been appointed Deputy Minister of Information, Publicity and Broadcasting Services. Hon Paradza is a holder of a number of Diplomas and Certificates in Journalism.
5. Hon Nokhuthula Matsikenyeri, Member of Parliament for Chimanimani West, Manicaland Province, has been appointed Minister of State for Provincial Affairs and Devolution for Manicaland Province. Hon Matsikenyeri holds a Bachelor of Education Degree and a Diploma in Education.
6. In terms of Section 157(1)(d) (i)(ii) of the Constitution of Zimbabwe (Amendment No. 20) of 2013, His Excellency the President, Cde. Dr E. D. Mnangagwa has appointed Dr Fraderick Shava, Zimbabwe’s Ambassador to the United Nations, New York, as Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Trade. The appointment of Dr Shava will take effect upon issuance of an appropriate Gazette as Senator for the Midlands Province.