Former MDC-T organising secretary Abednico Bhebhe has said he is yet to be notified of his readmission to the party.
Speaking to NewZimbabwe.com, the former Nkayi MP said he has only seen reports of his re-admission to the MDC-T on social media. Bhebhe said:
I have not received anything from MDC-T. I cannot respond to such an issue from a social media article.
I will give a full response once I receive official communication from MDC-T.
Bhebhe was expelled from the party in November 2020 over allegations of “grossly violating the constitution of the party by supporting another political party other than the MDC-T”.
He had been suspended from his position as acting national organising secretary on 29 October before he was eventually expelled.
But in a statement over the weekend, party secretary for information and publicity, Witness Dube said Bhebhe and former Bulawayo deputy provincial chair Dorcas Sibanda were re-admitted into the party after a virtual national council meeting held on Saturday. Said, Dube:
Notably, former national organising secretary Abednico Bhebhe and former Deputy Chairperson of Bulawayo Province Dorcas Sibanda were duly readmitted into the party as per their expression of interest.