The Finance Minister has urged private citizens and the private sector willing to help the government purchase the vaccine to do so and provided the accounts to be used by the willing donors.
The Finance Minister touched a storm this week when he said private citizens were to pay for the vaccines before he said his comments were taken out of context.
Ncube also emphasised that vaccines purchased by the government will be given to citizens free of charge in the following statement:
Are you in Zimbabwe?
Read Pindula News without data on your phone on freedata.pindula.co.zw
Only Applicable to Econet lines
1. Following constructive engagements between the Government, Private Sector and well-wishing Citizens, in the procurement of COVID19 vaccines, Government welcomes and appreciates the offer by the private sector to complement Government’s resource commitment by contributing its own resources towards the effort.
2. It is in this context that Government is announcing this broader private sector initiative to the corporate sector, citizens and other well-wishers to contribute financially and or otherwise towards the procurement of Covid-19 vaccines.
3. Donations and contributions for this initiative can be sent directly to the following National Disaster Fund accounts and Mobile Wallets:-
Account Name: National Disasters Fund Account
- CBZ 21537300057 USD
- CBZ 21537300077 ZAR
- CBZ 21537300047 ZWL
MOBILE NETWORK BILLER CODES Account Name: National Disasters Fund Account
- BILLER CODE ECONET 140286
- TELECEL 216732
- NETONE 094178
4. It should however be emphasised that ALL Vaccines purchased through the Government of Zimbabwe will be made available to Zimbabwean Citizens FREE OF CHARGE.
5. Government fully acknowledges and appreciates the support and co-operation so far received from the private sector and is committed to ensure that these partnerships are deepened for the National Good.
Hon. Prof. Mthuli Ncube Minister of Finance and Economic Development 05 February 2021